July 07, 2007

My timely warning about Jo!

Sir, as the final book of the Harry Potter is about o be released, just in case anything dark happens, let me remind you all that at least I did my civic duty by including the following warning in my book Voice and Noise in 2006.

“As the books about Harry Potter have meant so much for the upcoming generation and sometimes they even represent the only books it has read, there can be no doubt that the last Potter instalment can actually seal this world’s fate for a long time to come. J. K. Rowlings, or Jo as we are instructed to call her in her Web page, is someone to watch, very closely. Not that I distrust her, but we should perhaps think about censoring her (discreetly). What will be the lessons she will imprint on her young and not so young and even quite old (like me) readers’ minds with her final book? What if she goes haywire? I guess I’ll manage it, I hope, but will the young ones?”