February 02, 2015

Often unanswered emails speak much louder than those answered… as well as help to build a case.

Sir, I refer to Lucy Kellaway’s “My solution to the maddening silence of ignored emails” February 2.

You know that in my case I have thousand of unanswered emails of those I sent to the Financial Times and its journalists over the years. And most of these have to do with that regulatory asteroid that hit the earth in 1988, the Basel Accord, and that have ever since distorted the allocation of bank credit to our real economy.

Am I mad because of that? Absolutely not! Quite often unanswered emails speak much louder than those answered.

I know that my criticism and my warnings about what the Basel Committee is doing are based on realities, and so I just have to bide my time. When the truth finally comes out, FT’s silence merits a chapter of its own in the book that will result… and Sir, may I predict you will hope you had answered many more emails.

Meanwhile let me heed some of Kellaway’s advice: “There is no shame in pestering: in a world in which people have largely given up answering at all, it is moronic to ask only once. If the answer was always going to be no, nagging can’t make things worse. And there are enough people… who allocate their time not to those they want to see most but to those who persist longest.”